Saturday, February 25, 2006

10cc, Alice Cooper and Dragonforce

Now that my work has moved offices and we have to get there using public transport, an iPod is essential and I thought it'd give me a chance to listen to music I hadn't heard for ages. So this is what I've been listening to this week...

10cc: The Very Best Of 10cc

This takes me back a few years to when 10cc were a top band. I've been to see them live at the Glasgow Apollo in 1975 and their stage act was pretty good - Une Nuit A Paris and I'm Not In Love were excellent as were the classic pop numbers like Donna, Rubber Bullets and Wall Street Shuffle. Who said pop music would never last, I bought Sheet Music in 1974? Anyway, this CD is a good representation of their best music...

  1. Donna
  2. Rubber Bullets
  3. Dean And I
  4. Wall Street Shuffle
  5. Silly Love
  6. Life Is A Minestrone
  7. Une Nuit Paris
  8. I'm Not In Love
  9. Art For Art's Sake
  10. I'm Mandy Fly Me
  11. Things We Do For Love
  12. Good Morning Judge
  13. Dreadlock Holiday
  14. People In Love
  15. Under Your Thumb - Godley & Creme
  16. Wedding Bells - Godley & Creme
  17. Cry - Godley & Creme
  18. Neanderthal Man - Hotlegs
Alice Cooper: The Definitive Alice Cooper

Going even further back with some of these tracks, I was still at school when some of these came out and I remember buying School's Out as a present for a girl I had a crush on at the time. Rock classics like School's Out, Elected, Hello Hooray, Billion Dollar Babies, No More Mr Nice Guy and Poison still sound great even now. I'd always wanted to see Alice live but never managed it. He's still touring so maybe someday...
  1. I'm Eighteen
  2. Desperado
  3. Under My Wheels
  4. Halo Of Flies
  5. School's Out
  6. Elected
  7. Hello Hooray
  8. Generation Landslide
  9. No More Mr Nice Guy
  10. Billion Dollar Babies
  11. Teenage Lament '74
  12. Muscle Of Love
  13. Only Women Bleed
  14. Welcome To My Nightmare
  15. Department Of Love
  16. I Never Cry
  17. You And Me
  18. How You Gonna See Me Now
  19. From The Inside
  20. Poison
  21. Hey Stoopid
Dragonforce: Inhuman Rampage

On a totally different track, my son David bought Dragonforce's latest CD so, still trying to retain a vestige of my youthful rebellious nature, I have to keep up with the latest rock bands. Mind you David, who's a damn good guitarist himself and can shred tracks by the likes of Vai and Satriani, says these guys play guitar so fast that they can't be human ....
  1. Through The Fire And Flames
  2. Revolution Deathsquad
  3. Storming The Burning Fields
  4. Operation Ground And Pound
  5. Body Breakdown
  6. Cry For Eternity
  7. Flame Of Youth
  8. Trail Of Broken Hearts
  9. Backstage Rockumentary

No comments: