Sunday, July 01, 2007

Bye Bye Orange!

I think I’ve finally decided to dump my Orange mobile phone as their coverage in the West coast area of Scotland is abysmal.

We're just back from a week in Morar and the only place I could get a signal from Orange was in Mallaig but I’d taken my T-Mobile work phone with me as well and it had no trouble getting a signal in Morar. I did a service scan and I could see both Vodafone and T-Mobile signals but they’re both unavailable to my Orange phone. Fair enough if I was out walking in the hills but Morar is a decent sized wee village with a train station.

We had the same problem last year on Skye and in Gairloch and Poolewe several years ago and frankly, it’s unacceptable. I could go almost anywhere abroad and get a service via roaming agreements but when I can’t make a call from my own country, it’s time to find a service provider with better coverage

No comments: