Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My First Glasgow Flickr Meetup Group Outing

Went out with The Glasgow Flickr Meetup Group the other night for the first time. The object was to try and get some long-exposure shots showing light trails.

St. George's Cross Mansions, GlasgowSt. George's Cross Mansions By Night

It was the first time I'd tried any long-exposure shots and, given that I've got a mid-range camera and not a dSLR, I think the results weren't too bad. On top of that, I'd forgotten to take my tripod along so the shots are hand-held and as steady as I could manage, which is quite tricky on long exposures.

If you're on Flickr and live in or around Glasgow, then you could do worse than join the group and come along to the next meetup, whereever that will be. You might even get a free Flickr badge and sticker.

No comments: